Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Munich part one

I've never been to Germany, and this is the picture I had in my mind...


Heads up Guys, its not what I thought... turns out, apart from the Lederhosen above, all the stuff I had in my head turns out to be next door in Switzerland. I was like, no goatherds? no chalets? where are all the watchmakers? Bill looked at me for a very long while and then said "in Switzerland?"

So, what do I think of when I think of Germany now?

Sausages of every size and description, Beer, Sore feet from walking, Beer, Braless Treelegged Frauleins surrounding me on the train, Beer, Pastries like you'd never believe even if you were eating them, long long long streets, Beer, Lots and lots of Goths! Amazing public transport, Beer, a language I could not even fumble with, fast driving like you wouldn't believe, long words, Beer and Beer.

...and thats just Munich, we're off North tomorrow!

here is a snippet of our few days here in Munich!


The first thing we noticed was the amount of beer everywhere, this is the small shop beside us... like a newsagent...
Well they invented the Kindergarten so of course they have Kindergartenwagens!

Surprisingly Joe loved these salty pretzels... I, however, did not at all!Man Food!Mary was delighted to find yet another new drink on her travels, this is the Spiff-Spaff (or as Bill asked one waiter "a Splidgy Splodgy") - a curiously wonderful mix of fanta orange and cola!Many of the shops stocked these, I would love one! I love cathedrals, inside this is actually a shopping centre and restaurant now, shame!Just outside the city centre, where we were staying, was this amazing river, people were barbequeing along the banks, keeping their beer in crates submerged under the water!

So thats part one of Munich, more later!

x

1 comment:

Ciara Brehony said...

Oh, yes... those dresses...