Saturday, August 9, 2008

Dusseldorf


The Milan of Germany, thats what the guidebook said... and I can see why, Dusseldorf was chock-o-block with expensive suits and Louis Vuitton handbags. Chainstores with designer titles lined the streets and restaurants served crap for hefty fees.
We weren't mad about it, but the one thing I loved about Dusseldorf was these huge fern/tree combos that seemed to be on every street corner! They were lovely! We also ripped our (open) sun roof off going into a public car park which is just the biggest pain in the ass... I mean Birdy has little leaks here and there (like any old lady i suppose!) but this has added a whole new level to the water problem! Although I have to say I love a challenge and so yesterday I got up on the roof and did a good enough job on fixing the roof with heavy duty black bags and duck tape.
This picture was taken when we got back from a day in Amsterdam, to find our canopy had blown down... We had also just collected our laundry so don't mind the mess!!!

No comments: