Monday, August 11, 2008

Finding Billo!

Today was an adventure! We headed in to the centre on our bikes with plans to visit the Anne Frank House, but suddenly on our way myself and Mary realised we had lost Bill in the hub bub of city life - AND HE HAD JOE!!! It was an impossible situation, my phone was back in the van and I had Bills phone, but I knew he had no change on him and the dutch, from our experience, are not into being over helpful. We had no money, it was midday, I had Joes hat in my bag and so there was nothing for it but to just stop, stay in one place and hope Bill would come by. It was two hours later when I decided to leave Mary with the phone sitting by a monument in the crowd of Dam Square and circle around again. As I came around the side of the palace I saw BILL!!!! Poor Joe was asleep on the back of his bike! Poor Bill was exhausted, and we headed back to find Mary, who had strict instructions not to move.

Oh my throat closed over as we came closer to where I'd left her and saw she was gone, it seemed like forever until I heard her voice calling me. I could have killed her, but it turns out she'd left her spot because a young lad started asking her something in french and she got freaked out...


At that stage we knew the Anne Frank House would have a line a mile long, so we ditched it for some Dutch specialities and cold cold Heineken on Newmarket square...

Steak Tartar! YUM!

Mary hoped there was chocolate sauce in this cake!

There wasn't...

Joe discovers the delights of Chokomel!

2 comments:

Ciara Brehony said...

OOOOH MY HEART...!

Glad that story had a happy ending!

Emma said...

What a cute photo of Joe on the back of the bike. Scary moment, scary two hours!