Wednesday, July 16, 2008

You can't pool me...!


We had to buy a new pool, an overground type, because the other one is in bits! So we headed to the local toy shop and picked out the biggest one they had, 15' x 1m, grand for what we need!

Anyway when it was bought, paid for, loaded into the van and I was just shutting my door the old woman in the shop ran out and started telling me it was actually fifty euro more! She grabbed the receipt out of my hand (a crucial document if stopped by the financial police!) and started demanding more money!

I stood my ground, followed her back into the shop and in my best italian asked her son if he really thought I was going to pay more? I asked his mother if tomorrow, would she come and knock on my door looking for a euro more for the car we bought Joe in the same sale? The son was mortified but the mother was going mental! I grabbed my receipt back, told her I was not paying any more and the son said to me to just go. As we hit the road we could hear her still shouting and him shouting back!
Mad or WHA???

3 comments:

Nick said...

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say how much I am enjoying your adventures! I am so envious, we have a new Beetle and have just returned from two weeks in Cornwall. We've now decided that we really want a Camper Van as well.

Better start saving!

Nick

Beth said...

What a crazy lady. It sounds like a wonderful trip so far. I'm having my vacation through you this year. My husband and I are spending ours doing fix-it projects around the house. Have a great time.

Beth

AMI said...

Thanks Nick - Cornwall is somewhere I really want to visit... I'm a big King Arthur fan!