Thursday, July 31, 2008

Back to my childhood...

With Fergal and Catherine over, we all decided it would be a good idea to go to the Waterpark again, since they've never been.

So we all piled into the van and off we went. It was the best day!


For some reason, Fergal being there made me feel like a kid again, and believe it or not I went on all the slides! Some I regretted (ouch!) and some I went on over and over again... Fergal and I spent alot of our childhood summers bounding up steps to slide down the local waterslides called the "rainbow rapids" and I swear there was one stage today when I was back there, heading up the steps behind my big brother, putting on a brave face as I launched down the fastest slide after him, hearing his yells of excitement mingling with mine as the rush of water carried me away...


It was a really fun day, we could not get enough of the Lazy River, although it was hardly lazy, sitting on huge inflatable donuts we were gushed down around this wide slide, holding hands and laughing our heads off as we were spat out the end! At one stage there was a bit of a pile up and poor Bill got flattened by Fergal as he came along! Bill was laughing so much he swallowed water and ended up half 'drownded'! (The reason there are no photos of us having all this fun is because we were busy having all this fun!)

Great craic!

2 comments:

Ciara Brehony said...

This sounds like a great day. I wish we were there with you.
And what's the bets we were in Rainbow Rapids at the same time all those summers ago?

AMI said...

I know - thats funny because when I was writing that I thought about the fact that you were probably there too - I have to say though, I went on a tunnel slide like the ones they had in the rainbow rapids and it nearly killed me! It was out of control fast, I thought I was going to die and have no intention of doing that ever again!