Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Windmills

The country side is unbelievable as I type away here in the back of the van. Its like spaghetti western country, quite like our ultimate destination in Casalvieri actually but much flatter. There are huge areas covered in lines and lines of windmills, majestically modern in a sea of red earth. I’ve tried to take photos out the window but none do them justice.


Peeyooo – just now there is an unbelievable stench of manure coming in the window and Little m is howling with laughter! Joe is just about nodding off, Bill is driving and I am typing. We have Groove Armada on the i-pod... “if you’re fond of sand dunes...” – even with the stink its just bliss!
I never told you - my new camera had a bit of a fall at the very start of this trip and the lense is completely broken, so I've been like a dog with no tail! Taking a picture takes so much effort - no quick snapping here! Hopefully we'll get a new lense soon but until then - apologies for the bad camera work!

4 comments:

Lo said...

What lovely windmills! (truly! I think they're kind of artistic in their own right... and I love the idea of bright use of wind power!)

I'll be crossing my fingers that you can get a new camera -- if only to make the process easier!

Lisa said...

Thanks Lo! Yes windmills are so functional yet so romantic! Pity other things can't come across the same way... (looking at a crane out the window...)

Ciara Brehony said...

I think they are so beautiful in an austere way. It's always such a wonderful surprise to see them unexpectedly in the distance.

Paddy said...

Where's Don Quixote with all those windmills?