Thursday, April 24, 2008

A dream come true..

We finally, after months (and I suppose years) waiting, picked up our 1973 Devon pop top from Cosy Classics.

We went for a brown and red interior, which caused some controversy with the upholsterer, but we are really pleased and think it goes really well.



I took a solo trip in it the next morning down to see Ciara, and it was scary driving a van for the first time, coming around corners I was sure it would topple over!


We had tea sitting at the little table, as our young lads played around.
I am so overwhelmed that we have it, that we own a campervan and can head off into the sunset at a moments notice, all the saving, dreaming, working has come to an end! Its ours!
This weekend we are off to Galway for a wedding. I'll let you know how we get on!!

4 comments:

Ciara Brehony said...

Yay! Gorgeous photos. Gorgeous babies, of course. Birdy looks perfect sitting outside my house don't you think...? :-)

Lisa said...

a little too perfect... i think she will find herself there alot!! like me!! although her life would be perfect with a boy van by her side outside your house (hint hint) - we have matching kids, now what about matching vans??

Linnea said...

It is beautiful!!! Congratulations!!! One day our dream of owning one will come true. I never imagine mine so pretty though. I need to start.
I am sure you will have many adventures in it. How can you not in such an amazing van?!?

The Courter Family said...

that IS a lovely van you have! I do like the brown and red interior, nice choice. Ours is still mostly in it's original state, but we hope to do updating as we go, but that won't stop camping from happening! Now if our Seattle weather would just cooperate...hmm...